Whitburn Whiskers offers one-to-one dog walking services, so you can be assured that your dog gets plenty of special attention – for that reason we do not provide group dog walks. This means that everything is tailor-made based on your dog’s natural energy levels and their temperament. This service is designed with a wide range of options;
- regular walks for owners who may be at work all day
- walks to fit around rotating shift patterns and busy working lives
- an extra pair of hands for elderly owners who like to make sure their furry friend is well exercised
- adhoc visits for special occasions or shopping trips
- an extra contact in case of emergencies as we hold keys for regular customers
- ‘pop in’ visits for young puppies that need extra toilet breaks and a good run around the garden
- ‘pop in’ visits for elderly dogs that would like lunch, a toilet break and a friendly face.
Ross mainly handles the dog-walking side of Whitburn Whiskers, having been a dog owner for thirty years and recently joining the business full time. Over the years Ross has owned dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and fish – and helps out with pet sitting during the busy holiday periods. He currently lives with a big, loveable German Shepherd Rocky-dog and two lovely black cats… and his wife!
Ross and Rocky also regularly attend the German Shepherd Rescue dog walks which are held all over the North East. They say there’s nothing quite like being part of the wolf pack! The boys also attend the Back to Basics dog training classes and I’m sure you’ll agree that they’re both doing very well!
We’ll pop out to visit you and your dog at home (free of charge), and fill in a few forms that give us everything we’ll need to know about your dog while they’re in our care. We’ll ask questions about their individual personalities, training, medical history, diet and this also gives you the opportunity to ask us all the questions you might have and have a good chat.
|30 minute walk (1 dog)||£8|
|One hour walk (1 dog)||£12|
|30 minute walk (2 dogs from same household)||£12|
|One hour walk (2 dogs from same household)||£15|
|Pop in visit||POA|
All dogs are initially walked on a trial basis so both sides can see how we get on. All dogs need to be up to date with their vaccinations, flea and worming treatment, be microchipped and wear an ID tag on their collar. Regrettably, bitches in season cannot be walked. We are insured as a family business so there will always be someone available to look after your furry friend and as we don’t use vans with any signage you can be sure that nobody will know that your house is empty!
Please note that Whitburn Whiskers does not offer dog boarding or doggie day care but here are a few tips for finding a service you can trust;
- Make sure to ask to see their council certificates – all home boarders for pets should be licensed by the local council.
- The home boarder should also have an insurance certificate which covers the dog in their care.
- Arrange a visit to see where you dog will be staying; see if they get along with the owner’s dogs and ask questions like, ‘where will the dogs be kept overnight?’ and, ‘how long would they be left alone for?’
- Check that all pets in their care are fully vaccinated and have had recent flea and worming treatment
We can cover most areas within Sunderland and South Tyneside including Whitburn, Cleadon, South Shields, Boldon, Fulwell, Seaburn, Roker, Harton and Westoe.